Do you want to be one of the Industry Thought Leaders to make it on this coveted list?
Joining our elite speaker faculty provides exposure and credibility as an industry forerunner. Where else can you showcase your knowledge and share your insights and solutions with peers?
To use this new submission portal, you’ll need to create a new account by clicking the “Create New Account” button at the top of the portal page. Easy!
Important Dates & Deadlines:
- November 16, 2018: Call for Workshops Open
- January 11, 2019: Review for Workshops Opens
- January 18, 2019: Call for Workshops Closes
- January 31, 2019: Review for Workshops Closes
- February 15, 2019: Workshop First Round of Acceptances Notifications
- February 25, 2019: Workshop Second Round of Acceptance Notifications
- March 8, 2019: Workshop Decline Notifications Sent
- June 4-5, 2019: Conference Workshop Dates
Use the NEW Submission Site
Please complete your submission using the new submission portal, as only completed forms through this system will be considered. Create a New Account by clicking on the option at the top of the page. Save your progress and submit when you’re ready. From the this new portal, you can view saved and submitted proposals, print submissions, and view status.
We are accepting submissions in these areas:
- Career Success
- Customer Engagement & Selling Skills
- Field Trainers
- Global Learning
- Healthcare Reform and Managed Care
- Impact & Measurement
- Instructional Design & Delivery
- Learning Labs: 20-Minute Micro-Learning Session in the Learning Village Exhibit Hall
- Management & Leadership Development
- Medical Device & Diagnostics Training
- Mobile & Digital Learning
- New & Innovative Technologies in Learning & Development
- Non-Commercial (Clinical / Technical) Training
- Sponsored Workshop
- Strategic Insights
NOTE: Electronic workshop handouts and presentations are absolutely mandatory and will be posted on the LTEN Web site in the “members only” section after the conference.
IMPORTANT: Speakers, presenters, and panelists have been asked to refrain from promoting themselves and their businesses during presentations. While we do understand that at times it may be necessary for a presenter to refer to his or her business by name, promotional efforts of any kind are considered a serious breach of the spirit of the conference.
How to Hit the Right Notes for Our Call for Workshops
- Uniqueness of subject matter
- Topic relevance & timeliness to the Industry
- Clear and well-defined message and description
- Employer case studies, examples and best practices (challenges, solutions, and metrics)
- Industry research & statistics
- Key learning objectives and take away value for delegates – What is at stake? Why should attendees care about the message?
- Colorful and innovative approach to the presentation structure
- Speakers with presenting experience
- Supporting documents such as past presentations, published white paper and/or articles on a similar subject matter
Important Notes for Service Provider/Vendors
- Service providers or vendors interested in securing one of our coveted sessions are highly encouraged and when relevant required to include pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device or diagnostics organization co-presenters in their proposal submission. We give preference to submissions that include the trainer perspective and successful case studies. This co-facilitator should play an active role in presenting the material.
- LTEN strictly prohibits self-promotion during workshop sessions. While we do understand that at times it may be necessary for a presenter to refer to his or her business by name, promotional efforts of any kind are considered a serious breach of the spirit of the conference. Speakers, presenters, and panelists have been asked to refrain from promoting themselves and their businesses during presentations.
Conference Fees and Hotel Accommodation
Please note that no workshop or lab speaker, presenter or panelist are paid to attend. All speakers pay full registration fees, travel expenses, and accommodations. Speakers, presenters and panelists will be given a special registration discount code. We have also arranged a group discount with the hotel through early May.
Workshop Submission Guidelines
When suggesting a workshop, please note:
- You may submit up to two workshops and one learning lab for consideration.
- You must indicate whether you are submitting for a 90 minute, 60-minute workshop, a 20-minute learning lab micro-learning session or whether your submission may work in either 90 minutes or 60 minutes in length.
- LTEN coordinates a review committee to evaluate submissions and make final selections.
- If selected, LTEN will schedule the date and time of your presentation. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate date and time preferences. Workshops will take place on June 3-6, 2019 at the Gaylord in Grapevine, Texas.
You will need to select one of the following formats upon submission:
Interactive Discussion: Sessions should be interactive, providing innovative content without the excessive use of PowerPoint or lecture style format. Sessions should provide in-depth coverage on a particular topic rather than trying to cover too much general material.
Skills Development: Sessions provide the “nuts and bolts” on a variety of issues in learning. The format may incorporate hands-on learning or be discussion focused.
Case Study: Pharma, bio, device, and diagnostic companies share their first-person accounts of strategies and programs that work.
Thought Leader Panel: Experts and practitioners offer similar and opposing views on relevant topics in training. Includes meaningful Q&A time.
Best Practice Roundtable: Informal format provides the opportunity to network and share challenges, resources, and approaches to tackling a hot topic or specific area of interest.
Micro-Learning: 20 Minute Micro-Learning session that delivers bite-sized content to learners that they can consume all at once and apply the knowledge immediately.
Questions about the Conference or Content?
Need Technical Assistance with the Submission Portal?